servo adj : of or involving servomechanisms [syn: servomechanical] n : control system that converts a small mechanical motion into one requiring much greater power; may include a negative feedback system [syn: servomechanism, servosystem]
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)vəʊ
- A servomechanism or servomotor
- Abbreviation of service
station, being a place for cars etc to buy petrol and various convenience
items, with or without actual car service facilities.
- Man arrested after allegedly driving car through servo — title of Australian Broadcasting Commission News Radio item, 3 June 2005 http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200606/s1654443.htm
- Spanish: servar
Servo may refer to:
- Servomechanism, or servo, a device used to provide control of a desired operation through the use of feedback
- Servo drive, a special electric amplifier used to power electric servo motors
- Tom Servo, a fictional character from the television series Mystery Science Theater 3000
- SERVO Magazine, a monthly robotics publication.
Servo may also be:
- A multipurpose tool used by Gary Seven in the Star Trek episode Assignment: Earth
- Servotronic, speed-dependent power steering
- Australian slang term for a petrol station
- A character in the television series Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad
- A non-playable character from computer game The Sims: Livin' Large
- A playable character from the expansion pack The Sims 2: Open for Business
- A song by The Brian Jonestown Massacre from the album Give It Back!